Implementation of MDG-BP
About the customer
With approximately 51,000 employees worldwide, our customer is the largest research-driven pharmaceutical company in Germany. Its core business includes the research, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceuticals for humans and animals.
Implementation of SAP MDG-BP for customer and supplier master data on one central MDG hub as part of a comprehensive master data road map.
The solution (highlights)
Concept and implementation of MDG-BP – adapted to the customer’s specific requirements:
- Automatic linking of partner functions when creating a new business partner – in contrast to the standard system, partner functions can be used by automatically linking additional MDG change requests (CRs) to the existing main account
- Checking of active SEPA mandate – this is not maintained in MDG, but in a third-party system. To keep bank-related customer data consistent, a check is carried out whenever bank data is changed or deleted to determine whether an active SEPA mandate in the third-party system is affected by this change
- Enhancement of audit trail reporting for regulatory compliance – for example, IDMP reporting
- Less time and money spent on maintenance processes and data maintenance for enterprise master data – reduced data management costs
- Higher level of business process automation supported by the standardization of master data – prevention of consequential errors and financial losses in the value chain
- Provision of consistent and current data for more effective decision-making
- Stronger compliance with regulatory requirements – reduced probability of security breaches and non-compliance with regulations