Global tobacco group
Security checks for customer and supplier master data
About the customer
With around 57,000 employees, our customer is one of the world’s largest tobacco companies. The group operates in around 180 countries and has a portfolio consisting of more than 200 tobacco brands.
Implementation of master data maintenance processes for global business partners, such as customer and supplier master data (MDG-C/MDG-S), in compliance with statutory and corporate guidelines.
The solution (highlights)
- Concept development and implementation of additional process control requirements in MDG – change request checks must be ensured when specific master data attributes are modified
- Annual review reports: initiation of a master data maintenance process to identify specific business partners
- Integration of customer credit management in MDG-C
- Compliance with regulatory requirements – reduced probability of security breaches and violation of regulations
- Higher level of business process automation – supports business partner checks
- Integration of credit management in the MDG maintenance processes early on in the process when creating a new customer (checks to determine a customer’s creditworthiness, setting of credit limits to minimize risk, etc.)