Implementation of master data management
About the customer
Our customer is a German medical technology and healthcare company with approximately 294,000 employees worldwide.
Our task was to create the preconditions for efficient, centralized master data management and to implement master data management for material master data.
The solution (highlights)
- Creation of a Material Master Data Workbook – definition of master data attributes, clustering of attributes into attribute groups
- Preparation and delivery of workshops with the responsible experts. Documentation of the technical properties, definitions, rule sets, impact on business processes and systems as well as responsibilities
- Identification of quick wins and carrying out data cleansing for short-term improvements in data quality
- KPI concept for calculating and displaying data quality in a KPI dashboard
- Definition and documentation of master data maintenance processes: creation, changes, mass changes, phase out of materials
- Creation of the User Requirement Specifications and Functional Requirement Specifications for the implementation of SAP MDG-M
- High degree of flexibility if changes are made to the business processes
- Reduction of consequential errors and losses in the value chain
- Creation of synergies in the logistics processes
- Better global collaboration